Monday, February 28, 2011

Was it arranged or a love marriage?

Monday, February 28, 2011

I’m here with a new post finally. Its been months I have posted anything new.During this time so many things happened in my life.I have again changed my place is onething, and that too this time I had to change my Country even. And 2nd best thing is Its gonna be 3 months of my Marriage on coming 16th.
Nevertheless, the questions about my marriage have been many which I had to face before my Marriage. Especially if you are a Bengali, the Durga and Kali Puja is THE time when folks all around you ponder you with questions about your marriage. And again, one question that is common on every tongue, to satisfy the curiosity pent up is: “Is it a love marriage or an arranged one?”
I was a bit surprised that my hubby wasn’t as bothered with this question as I was. Why it didn’t make him so irritated to hear the same question on everybody’s lips! The first few times were Ok. I answered every person patiently, But soon, people’s manner of asking changed. The moment I used to answer “arranged”, there was just a single “Oh!” from them. The initial curiosity and interest seemed to have dissipated into thin air. It seemed like they didn’t want to know more: as if they thought that arranged marriages were less interesting than love marriages! And it’s not as you think, not just the young, there were old Uncles, Aunties and relatives as well who asked this question.


I’m maybe wrong, but somehow the impression that I have got from all those who asked the question is, that they all probably thought that I wasn’t evolved with the ‘modern changing times’ or maybe that I didn’t belong to this generation or my parents must be lying that it was a purely Arranged Marriage! Quite evident, for one girl who asked me this question also replied saying, “Really? I haven’t heard of that for a long time!” While the elders who asked this question, I’m sure wanted to know how less traditional I am!
Well, now that I have got used to answering this question, I can now say that I can only laugh at those who feel arranged marriages are boring; for they are quite the contrary! A very close friend of mine, once told me,” It’s nothing weird. It’s like meeting a new person and making a new friend.” It was a simple comment, but I soon realised how true it was.
Your relationship may not be a four or five year old one, but you’ll be surprised to see how soon you understand the person. You may not have memories to celebrate, but you’ll enjoy every bit of the journey of getting to know each other after the marriage also. You may have a hundred people around you with whom you can share every moment of your life. But now, thanks to fb and phone calls you’ll experience a different pleasure in sharing every moment with your to-be better half, even when you’re in the middle of a room filled with people. You may not have common friends who made the two of you meet, but you’ll be overjoyed when your own friends scold you for not introducing you to the person you’re going to spend the rest of your life with or including them enough in the wedding preparations! He may not have proposed to you with a wedding ring, getting down on one knee; but when he shows that he cares through simple gestures when you least expected them- These are the times you believe that arranged or love marriage is not a big question at all. It’s all about whether it’s the right person or not. And now after the months of Marriage I can assure you people that Arranged Marriage is not at all boring. Infact I would suggest you to chose the same path I did.. lol .. Because it carries the excitements of newly wedded for months :p

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates