
I know that the 'perfect guy' just doesn’t exist. Neither does the perfect girl. I believe no person is 'perfect'. You gotta accept people with their perfections and imperfections.
There is no Mr Right or Ms Right. Fairy tales are NOT for me.
I admit, I am a sucker for candy floss romance, romantic Bollywood films , soul stirring romantic songs, but I also understand the difference between reel life and real life.
I am single. I am not involved in any relationship. My parents are looking for me. My intuition tells me I’ll be married early NEXT year.
I don’t have any unreasonable high fundo expectations from life. I am 24, and I have a fair idea of what to expect from life. I am not waiting for some knight in shining armour to rescue me from a near life-threatening situation. My head is firmly planted on my shoulders.
I have always been hounded by this one question- “What is your idea of an ideal partner?”
When I was a teenager, I cared too much about looks. I was obsessed with my own looks and those I associated myself with. I had this silly list of what my ideal man should be like- rich, intelligent, Greek God looks…pampering me 24*7 …
Thankfully, I have matured and evolved as a person… As I grew older, I realized that finding all the good qualities and good points in one single person is expecting the impossible. Moreover, am I perfect? Am I flawless? Do I have ALL the great qualities a man would want in his ideal woman?
Today, I have a different answer to the question pertaining to my ideal guy: I want to marry a guy who genuinely values my feelings and emotions. Who genuinely cares about me. Who respects me and my family, someone who respects my upbringing and values. I want to marry a guy who believes in himself, who dares to dream. Who encourages me to dream. Who doesn’t stop me from working, from realizing my dreams. Who is NOT superficial. Who is NOT obsessed with status & dowry. Who is genuinely open minded. My guy has to be career-driven. A dreamer. A doer.
He should not be commitment phobic. He should be polite, humble and sensitive to others. (Men who are rude to waiters/waitresses turn me off. Just because they 'serve' us, it does not give us the license to be rude to them).
Respecting my family is very very important. Extremely important. Respecting his own family is also very important. Respecting ‘our’ families is important.
‘smartness’ matters a hell lot to me! A guy who is not chivalrous puts me off like nothing else does. Disloyal, promiscuous men are a major put off as well.
Men who depend on their fathers turn me offfffff!!! It’s a major major turn off!
I respect self-made men. Men like my brother. I would love to marry someone like him. Confident, independent, successful, affectionate, dashing and level headed- someone who knows what he wants, someone who is secure, who is at peace with himself. A FIGHTER- looking life in the eyes and taking each challenge head on! That is my type!


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.